Friday, August 7, 2009

Aug 07 - In the distance

Today was my last day of work, we are headed on vacation next week (tomorrow afternoon) and I simply could not get out of the office at a reasonable time. I decided to take my actual commute home and noticed that Northbound traffic on I-95 was pretty heavy so I diverted to the Route 1 Bypass bridge. Instead of crawling over the I-95 bridge, I had to park in the road and wait for the Route 1 Bypass bridge to come back down. I actually put the kickstand down, shut the bike off, and walked around (taking photos of course). The tall ships are in the harbor, a fact that escaped me since I haven't taken my normal commute in almost two weeks. After the bridge finally came back down and traffic could flow, I scurried under the far end of the bridge to see if I could get a shot of some of the ships (there's more to the Southeast or left of the bridge). It's a little dark, but you can make out the two directly in front of me and one more obscured by the windscreen. I wish I'd known about the tall ships sooner, we'd have made a special trip down to the harbor to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment